The Bitcoin Fluid Dispenser II and 2.3
I've developed a prototype retail diesel fuel dispenser that accepts bitcoin for payment. You can learn more about this device by watching the
videos below. I'd also encourage you to read about "The Original Bitcoin Fluid Dispenser"
and watch the demonstration video that I created, as there is additional description about the practical
and ideological motivations for the technology as well as additional use cases.
The Bitcoin Fluid Dispenser 2.3 - Technical Demonstration Video
The Bitcoin Fluid Dispenser 2.3 is an improvement of The Bitcoin Fluid Dispenser II that includes Near Field Communication (NFC), Bluetooth communication, and the bitcoin payment protocol. Using the bitcoin payment protocol with a Bluetooth connection allows for payment to be made with no internet connection on the customer's mobile phone or tablet computer.
You can also watch the video directly on you tube, if you prefer. https://youtu.be/kkVAhA75k1Y
The Bitcoin Fluid Dispenser 2.3 - Compatibility Demonstration Video
You can also watch the video directly on you tube, if you prefer. https://youtu.be/z7cdr9lkhlY
The Bitcoin Fluid Dispenser II - Quick Demonstration Video
You can also watch the video directly on you tube, if you prefer. https://youtu.be/7p1dyJ0Zy50
The Bitcoin Fluid Dispenser II - Technical Demonstration Video
You can also watch the video directly on you tube, if you prefer. https://youtu.be/TX7w4o91BCU
Demonstration Device Details
- Fluid: Diesel Fuel
- Pump: Positive Displacement, Self Priming Rotary Vane Pump, with air separator
- Motor: 110/220V @ 60Hz, Single Phase, AC induction, 746 Watt, 1,725 RPM
- Flow Measurement: Piston Type Positive Displacement
- Flow Control Valve: 110V AC double stage solenoid valve
- Nozzle: Auto Shutoff with Swivel and Break Away, 3/4 inch NPT female hose input
- Filter: 10 micron (nominal) disposable cartridge
- Flow Rate: ~30 liters/minute (with demonstration piping configuration)
- Control Electronics:
- 110V AC Powered
- Network Connection: 10/100 Mbit/s Wired Ethernet
- Screen: 217 mm (1280 pixels) x 136 mm (800 pixels) (> 720p) LCD with rain protector
- Linux Based Controller
- Industrial Grade Relays, DC Transformers, and Terminal Strips
- Bluetooth Radio
- Near Field Communication (NFC) Radio
- Bitcoin Payment Protocol Support (using Bluetooth and HTTPs)
- Printer: 57.5 mm wide thermal paper printer with integrated paper cutter
- Cabinet Dimensions: ~100 cm wide (with nozzle) x 47.0 cm deep x 137.7 cm tall
- Piping Input: 1.5 inch NPT female
- Power Plug: NEMA 5-15 Male (15 amp 110V AC 3 prong plug)
- Network Connection: RJ45 Male
Future Features Planned
- Compatibility with volatile fuels such as automobile gasoline, methanol, and aviation gasoline.
- Multiple product support (multiple octane gasolines and diesel fuel in the same unit)
- Biodiesel (B100) Compatibility
- Mid-sale power failure recovery
- Built in cellular radio and aerial antenna for quick and reliable deployment in remote locations.
Ideal Pilot Installation Site
- An independent, privately owned fuel station
- Selling diesel fuel or kerosene
- Near the Greater Cincinnati area
Please Contact Me if you have any questions, would like an in person demo, or are interested in a pilot installation.